Apr 2, 2007

Enjoy your life today, think about tomorrow, but always remember your history!

Hey guys!!!
How r u? Its me, Kirill and today I’d love to write about history of this academy. I was thinking about this idea, but I didn’t know details. Yeah, in official site you can read about it but I’d like to write more about JC Ferrero and Garcia Lopez. And just about life here. It was a Saturday evening. Many stage people came here for one week and for me it was the very good gift. With all these people was our friend Javi. And I had a chance to ask him some questions about history. He told me very interesting things that I did not know. Ok, guys, get ready to read history of our academy.
First of all, the Academy was made in 1995. It was Equelite. Toni bought a small field, where there were just 2 clay courts and one old house. The staff was small as the academy, just Toni, Samuel and Carlos(financial director). They started to make this academy. And they didn’t know that a boy named JC Ferrero would be number 1 in the world. There were just few players: JC Ferrero, Jose Ezequel, Pedro Rico, Santiago Ventura and 2 more players. The Academy was like one big family, because all job for the academy Toni’s family was doing. His Brother, his sister and other members of the family. In Villena city, which is near Alicante, were not clay courts, just hard. And every morning all players were running 30 min to the city to play on hard courts and they were coming back running. You’d ask, why they did not go there by car, because it was their gym. Yeah, for me, I think, it was really difficult life and I respect their persistence.
Until 14 years old JC Ferrero was number 1 in Junior ranking. And tennis federation offered him to practice in Barcelona for free. And Toni asked tennis federation: “Could u give money for us, And our player will practice here with us.” But tennis federation said no and Ferrero continued to practice here. In his 16 years old, his Mother died. Juan Carlos was upset and he did not want to play tennis any more. His world was broken for him. His coach Toni said: “Don’t give up. Continue fighting. You will be the great player.” Toni asked Ferrero to live with him in his house. After some years Ferrero won Rolland Garros Junior.
He started to grow up and there were lots of offers from many good coaches, But Juan Carlos continue working with his coach and good friend Toni. After 1999 Ferrero won Mallorca and then Rolland Garros . He started to be number 1.
I’m very proud to practice here to be the player of academy and the part of the family. All players, who started their tennis here with JC Ferrero, are really champions and number 1: Jose Ezequel, Pedro Rico, Santiago Ventura. All these people are heroes. They all help to the academy. This is really the big family Equelite. I’m so happy to be the part of them. I found good friends here and people who believe in me. I don’t think about my ranking in future. I’m just happy that I have this perfect life. Every morning I get up when the sun is shining over my window in my face with thoughts that today all good things will go in to my way and go to the court to do my great job. And I believe that in one day, I will see the bright light and I will use my chance. I think the strongest weapon is belief, love of the game and god will be with you. With hard work, you will make it to a place called Success!!
Ok, guys, I have to go. One more thing I would like u to do for me: ask me questions about JC Ferrero or Garcia Lopez’s past. Or some questions to me. Lets talk a little with u, guys=). I give all words to you. Put your questions here in comments. Thanks a lot and later I will write about Garcia Lopez. Maybe, you will help me with questions.
BYE GUYS
Tennis with u!!!