Apr 26, 2007

Grade 3 tournament in Spain -Day 1

Day 1
Hey everybody!!!
I'm a blog-maker for one week for www.itftennis.com/juniors. Why me, you would ask, oh, I will explain, but first of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Kirill Kucherov. I am from Moscow (Russia), but at the moment I live and train at JC Ferrero Equelite academy in Spain. As the tournament will be here for this week, and I am here, why not let you know how everything is going.
At the moment I play more national tournaments but now I'm injured and I have a little bit more time to blog. Oh, and in my free time I am a blog-maker. Last year we decided to create our blog Equelite Blog. It’s first hand information about how future tennis stars are trained in Spain.
Ok, last Monday we started the preparations for the tournament. Last year the tournament was on hard courts now it's on clay. In the Academy a new office was built, where all players come to sign-in for the tournament. Everything is well organised to a very high level. Alot of people have come, to play the tournament.
I think the Academy has done a great job for the players. The Academy has all the conditions we need to practice, all type of courts and places to live. So the players who come to the tournament can stay inside the academy and show their best game and not have to waste their time travelling.
The players stay in small houses where players who come to train at the academy for more than one week usually stay. Or some of them get to stay in V I P houses. Lucky ones!!! Players can choose what to eat in the kitchen. For the players big tents are put up where they can watch TV and use Wireless or normal internet. There are shops where they can get drinks, ice cream and sweets and there are lots of courts for warming up before their matches.
As for qualies, there were so many interesting matches and funny things. Some won, some lost, that’s tennis. I heard like one coach said: “Don’t worry, man, strings are not so expensive. Please hit the centre of the racket!!!!”
Main draw starts today, Tuesday and I think there are going to be many interesting matches.
Ok, guys tomorrow I’ m going to write more about the day and we will see who is going to win this tournament.
BYE AND RESPECTKirill