Apr 30, 2007

Grade 3 tournament in Spain -Day 5

Hey everybody!!!
Today was pretty interesting but a rainy day. Semifinals started and I thought everyone had been focused on the matches before today, not they are really looking nervous. For some people this day was really important and difficult. But it was not so good for our players and later I will tell you why???
All of the players started warming up pretty early and some players that were going to play doubles tried to be ready for their afternoon matches. After breakfast and morning classes, I went to the gym to warm up and work on some exercises for my legs. I watched a little of the girls matches Titta vs Konto (I think, if I’m wrong. I’m so sorry!) And another Goloborodka vs Cervera. The mathes were pretty exciting, all the coaches and guys from the academy watched the match between TItta and Konto. Everybody was worried so much but Titta lost in 2 sets. Game set match Konto in the final. In in the other match Goloborodko made her way to the final.
It was time to go to practice, but I played a little tennis and did some exercise, because of the rain. When I finished, I went to watch a pretty interesting match between Alen Bisevic and Seculic Milos. But on the other court was the real battle between 2 Spanish matadors: Rafael Mazon vs Patino Sanches . I could not watch two matches in the same time, I wish I had a twin brother to be on both courts. Lol. Between the two matches I chose to watch the match between Alen and Milos first. It was really difficult and huge match, powerful tennis from Seculic's side and control and passing shots from Alen's side. I think its normal for Swedish players, their style is to hit each ball as strong as you can and serve a second serve ace. The match was so long and Milos tried break the ball and Bisevic was trying to move his opponent and getting all the balls.
Then I went to watch the match of Spanish armada. Could not miss it. Mazon for me was leading all match. He was winning all balls. The match was 2 sets. Game, set, match Mazon. Congratulations.
Knowing the results of the second match, I could finish watching the match of Seculic and Alen. First set went to Bisevic 7/6 and seconnd set a break at 4/3 and then ……RAIN. So, everybody went to have lunch. Seculic and Alen could not eat because they were so worried. In one hour rain stopped and I don’t know why they started to play on another court. And then another situation of the match changed all of the sudden like the weather of that day.. the big break was coming. Alen lost the set 6/ 4 . In the third set Alen was broken for 2/1. Seculic was fighting amazing he was hitting every ball as strong as he can. He broke again for 5/ 2 . Match point at 5 / 4 then 5 / 5 then 6 / 5 and then finally 7/ 5 –game, set, match Seculic Milos CONGRATULATIONS!!! It was really amazing fighting from both sides, but very often in tennis the weather can change the winner.
Ok guys tomorrow will be final. Lets see, who will find their way to success and win the ITF tournament in Equelite.
See you and good luck. You are the best.