Apr 18, 2007

Valencia, Virtual tournament, ITF and show for TV.

Hey everybody!!!
This week was so exiting and I have not so much time for blog, sorry. But I did everything to answer to your questions. This week Valencia tournament has started. Ok lets start…..
I remember I read so many things and books about tennis. And so any people asked which road to success. So many people said that to be professional is so difficult. Hmmmm, you know, there are 2 ways, like in life. One of them to go down and one of them to go up. Way down, that’s for people for whom everything is impossible. And they look for easy ways in there life and try to push other people down. And Up is just for believers and that’s. And that’s happened in tournament in Valencia, maybe. Some really good players, who were out of 100 ATP for some reason, try to find themselves and come back in 100 ATP. They are going to fight like a beast to find the place under the sun.
First of all, lets start form Saturday. Some of our players, who got WC, went to the tournament. This year Toni Martinez, our father, was the director of this tournament. It was such a rainy day in academy. And so many people from Germany, Qatar and England came. We spent that day in our TV room. We were sitting and watching MTV. Rain outside, the window pure down. And Samuel said that we should play a virtual tournament on PS 3. Virtual tennis 3 ….. we were like oooooooook, Samuel. He made the draw and everybody started playing. It was so funny. I chose Andy Roddick. JC Ferrero and Garcia were watching. Yeah, for them football would be more interesting but…. And I won this tournament in final, easy for me. Thanks for congratulations.
In the evening our professional guys came back, they were look like: ''OHHHH I m professional player, how hard it is''. All of them lost except Alen (his player was retired). Next round of qually he lost. That was qually and then the most interesting - Main draw!!!
On Monday I went to Valencia. I got player’s card. With this card I could pass everywhere. I was like, ok, lets do it. When I came to the rest room, I saw players like Mayer, Almagro and others. There were 2 PS 3 , free drinks, internet and so many sofas. It looked nice. I was like: wow I’m around prof tennis players. It was really cool . So, I went to watch some matches. One of them was Gaibashvile vs Simon. I was sitting on V I P and watching the match. And one little boy came to me. “You are Simon’s coach?” “Sorry, Man, I ‘m just a player of Equelite.” Yeah, who knows, what is better to be a prof coach or prof player. I chose 2nd.
The whole week I spent my time in Valencia. I have been injured for 3 weeks. I can play tennis but not so strong. But, that’s ok, I’m strong Russian, hehhe. I met Ventura and his coach, Pedro Rico (do u remember Pedro Rico?He was in the academy and went to study in America). Ventura showed so good result in Valencia. He played so good and fought amazing, seriously guys. This guy is a legend player. His match with Martin was so difficult. Me, Pedro, Jose Ezequel and other 2 guys shouted: Come on! 3 0 down 3d set. We were shouting again: You can do it, Man. And 6 4 VAMOS!!! Respect GUYS!!!!
I spoke with really good people in Valencia: organizers, players, umpires. Yeah, it was really good. Almagro was in good form. Garcia lost first round vs Korolev. And in 2nd Round JC Ferrero vs Alberto Martin. But Ferrero was so sick. Seriously, you just can’t understand his feelings, how hard he wanted to win this tournament. Oh, James Ward, I forgot about him. Before the match James said: “Its going to be difficult. Scream come on as strong as you can. Lets try to win this match.” He played with French guy GENSSE, Augustine, who passed qualy, he was really good fighter, guys. I watched his match the last round of qualy. 5 1 down 3rd set and he won 7 5 I was like WOW!!! This guy has really good not HUGE forehand. And good serve and volley. But backhand he played more slice. James’ start was good -7 6 ,but then he lost set and then guys, I could not believe, 2 0 UP and he lost match 6 4. I said to James: ”No problems, Man, lets go and punch this guy!!!” Any way, this guy lost vs Navarro.
Monday again. We started to play pre qualy. I could not play, I had so big pain in my arm. I did my the best. But I continue working. Our doctor said that I must rest. I cant do it, I need to play and I play like 30 min every day.
Russian Journalists came to make report about our academy. Me and commercial director showed the academy, the way we live, train and rest. Hope, we will see this programme on TV. Or they will send us a copy heheeee.
Thanks guys. I think I wrote too much. But that’s how we do!!! Life is my court. And in blog I try to show what a great life we have here.
BYE AND PLAY TENNIS