Feb 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Juan Carlos!!!

All of us, at some stage in our lives, will have spent our birthdays in a place out of the ordinary. For Juan Carlos Ferrero, though, he’s usually at home in Valencia, enjoying some much-needed post-Australian Open rest.
Not this year. Today, the occasion of his 32nd birthday, he was wrapped up warm on the Spanish bench, urging on his team-mates as they rounded off what has been a very successful weekend for the defending champions.

The crowd even sang ‘Cumpleaños Feliz’ to the Davis Cup stalwart, competing in his 17th tie this weekend, as he did a turn around the court before being thrown into the air by his team. New Spanish Davis Cup captain Alex Corretja followed the celebrations by presenting Ferrero with a birthday cake.

"I don't remember [the last time] that I spent my birthday here, usually I spend the day playing in Brazil, so it was very special to spend it here with all the team, here, very nice,” Ferrero said. “I expect something but I didn't expect the cake and all the people so I'm very happy about how they treat me here so I felt very special today.”


Many happy returns Juan Carlos. Here’s to a happy 32nd year!!!!