Nov 16, 2006

Let the world know our players!! interview with CONNOR!!!


- Hey, Connor!!! How r u? From the last week it is so pretty difficult physical training, yea? Today it was the amazing match Blake vs Davydenko, yea?
- Yeah, I had a good holiday…. I played 3 or four hours every day but I didn’t do any physical work, yeah, the training here is pretty tough and intense especially fart. Let’s talk about the match, well I thought that if Blake played his best tennis, he would win, it depended on his level because Davydenko is such a consistent player and if you don’t produce something special he will grind you down.
- Who’s your idol in top 8 ? What player do u prefer to win?
-Well, I guess, that this is an easy question probably for everyone in the academy, it has to be FEDERER, no denying that he is the best player at the moment!
- I heard that u r leaving us…
-Yes, I’m going to America. I have to go back to my country to sort a visa and passport out and then I will be in Florida in January, I’m leaving the academy around the 26/27 of November.
- And your plans in future?
-Once I have got into a rhythm in America, I will start to play some tournaments there, and hopefully get my first ATP points.
- Ok tell us about yourself.
-Ok, My name is Connor Ishtvan Schelling-Tisza…I am 16 years old 6ft 2 I have two brothers. I was born in Switzerland, and live in Northern Ireland.
- When did you start to play tennis? And why?
-I started playing tennis when I was 10 but this was not properly, only at my school, then when I was twelve I had my first tennis lesson and really liked it, I wanted to get the lesson so I could beat my friend, I picked it up quickly and couldn’t put the racket down!
- What does tennis mean for u?
-It’s my life and the most important thing, except family!
-Tell us how did u get at this academy? How long have u been here? What do u think about academy?
-I finished school and got all top marks so my parents said that they would let me try tennis and if I don’t succeed I can always go back to study, it’s a great academy and I’ve made a lot of friends here who I will definitely keep in touch with, we train hard and still have fun!
- The year nearly finishes, what do u think about this year? Your results? Did you play any tournaments??
-I’ve had a great time at the academy so far, I think some of the guys have had some great results like Tommy and James, but I haven’t yet played a futures in Spain so, no results, I played on national tournament and lost in the second round of qualifying
-And the last thing what I would like to ask u, your Tennis Tips for guys who read our blog or If u want u can leave your message for JC Ferrero.
-Tips… just work as hard as you can day in day out and you will succeed, strong mind and strong body, keep dreaming …. And just a message for Ferrero, if times are tough just remember what you did in the past to succeed! AND KEEP SMILING!
-Thanx and goodluck!!!