May 17, 2007

Let the world know our players! David McKenna


-Hey David!!! How r u?

- Im good today a bit tired from the 10km run today.

- Lots people want to know more about our players. Let them know U!!! Tell us about yourself a little.

- I was born in ireland moved to south africa, Cape town when i was 2.I grew up there. I loved it south africa is great. and at the age of 14 i came to the juan carlos ferrero academy.And now i have been here like 1 year and 2 months.And im enjoying it.

- When did you start to play tennis?

- At the age of 6

- Why tennis? (no hockey, golf, swimming)

- I played tennis,rugby,swimming,athletics,and cricket but i chose tennis because i loved the sport and I felt that i could go far in it.

- What does tennis mean for u?

- Everthing its a sport i that i have to play alot.If not i get upset.

- Describe your tennis, please!

- My tennis is a thing i concintrate on alot so every day im trying to make things better I play right handed and i play two hand backhand.And i play flat.

-Tell us, how did u get to this academy? How long have u been here? What do you think about the academy? What did the academy give to you?

- I came to the academy becaus e i did not train alot in south africa say i came here. i Have been here for 1 year and two months.Its taught me loads of stuff to many to think of.

- Is it difficult to live too far from home?

-Of course it is for anyone it is difficult to live away from home but thats whe u have to be tough and fight.

-If you have a chance to change anything at the academy, what would it be??

-The internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- tell me, 1 thing which you like most of all at the academy

-The people they are really friendly always making u feel at home.

- Do you play tournaments? What is the most difficult part of them?

- I play alot now that im here in spain but they are always difficult right from the first round you struggle so every round is difficult!!!!!!!!

- How do you spend your free time here? Any hobby? (except tennis, of course)

- I sometimes play golf and play padel.

-How do you solve problem with school (u are far from home but need to finish school)?

-I do an overseas thing where they send me work and i do it in english.And it good.

-Can you remember any funny moments in the academy that happen to you?

-WOW!!!!!!!!!There are way to many everyday 20 new things happen.

-And the last thing what I would like to ask u, your Tennis Tips for guys who read our blog

-That sometimes u feel like giving up but those are the moments where u have got to be strong. And fight for it.And thank you.

- Thanks!!!