May 9, 2007

Question about rackets

Hey Guys!

You know, I was a blog-maker for one week for www.itftennis.com/juniors. and I am sure, you all read it. I decided to post all days here as to save for history. Hope you will enjoy to read it again. Thanks guys for your questions. I will write more about our players soon.
Here is a good question from Ross K:
-Hi Kirill,Good to see you're still posting. Thanks for the update. I hope you have a good tournament and good luck with the blog as well.Actually I was wondering about something: what racquets do you all use? What's popular out there in Spain with you academy players? What's your choice, Kiril? Or are you just all sponsored and therefore are happy to use whateveer you are given? As you can see, I'm a bit of a racquet obssessive! But I'm interested in the whole issue of racquets and what aspiring pro's like yourselves are using. By the way, any personal details like what racquets you personally like and the qualities you look for, as well as what weight you like, do you lead it up (and if so where and how much lead tape) - etc? And what racquets would you recommend for 4.0 baseline players (2hbh, consistent if not very strong serve)... anyway, enough of the questions for now...Cheers amigo... have fun!
-Hey, you post pretty interesting questions about the rackets. Ok … the most popular here is WILSON. So many people are playing Wilson rackets. For example, Tommy Peric he is 400 ATP. He is using racket of Federer. Everybody started to play with new models. Other racket, which I'm using and some other people, is babolat (official racket of Andy Roddick). I like this racket pretty much. Its 315grams and I use strings Pro Hurricane. I'm the one who play that racket. Other players prefer 300 grams Babolat.( new model). I can tell u difference: Wilson racket has much control and babolat - more powerful racket with a little control. Its more easy to serve with this racket. Other racket is Head. Now in academy some players play Head prestige flexpoint. And some people started to try new racket of Head (Ljubicic and other players are using this racket).
All players have the style for rackets. For example, if you are a baseliner player. I think Tecnifiber,Head, babolat, Prince (aero) is really good rackets for baseline. If you are a player who use more power. Its good to use babolat, yonex,head and some models of Wilson. If u are more control player, you prefer playing on baseline, do passing shots and sometimes go to the net. Wilson, prince and maybe Yonex. That’s it I think.
If you have more questions. Ask, I will answer.
Bye and goodluck